John W. Campbell Memorial Award Finalist!
Aurora Award Finalist!
Seiun Award Finalist!
Spectrum Award Finalist!
Three Months on the Locus Hardcover Bestsellers List!
Year's Best List: San Francisco Chronicle
Year's Best List: Borders Books
Tor Books Lead Science-Fiction Paperback, February 2003
Tor Books Lead Science-Fiction Hardcover, May 2002
Unabridged audiobook of Hominids from Audible.com
Discover What It Means To Be Human
A bridge opens to a parallel Earth where Neanderthals survived to the present day and we did not.
- Hugo Award Winner!
- Interview Topics (news hooks for media)
- Opening Chapters
- Typical Passage (a quick taste of the novel)
- Special Canadian Edition of the book jacket
- Hear Rob interviewed
about Hominids on the long-running SF radio
program Hour 25
Rob is on the Friday, June 21, 2002, edition, available online).
- Hear Rob read from Hominids as
part of SciFiAudio
- Publication-quality version of the book's cover
- US Covers
- Czech Cover
- Jacket text
- Blurbs from other authors
- Reading Group guide
- Acknowledgments the Who's Who of experts on Neanderthals Rob consulted while writing this book
- Press Release
- Is it Neanderthal or Neandertal?
- Further Reading
- A Guide to Neanderthal Timekeeping
- Rob's essay for Maclean's about "Alibi Archives"
- "Committing Trilogy: The Origins of the Neanderthal Parallax"
- A Synopsis of This Novel
- Drafts of the Opening
- Rob's May 2002 newsletter with information about Hominids (PDF file, 837 kilobytes)
- Rob's CBC column on Quantum Computers
- Rob's CBC column on The Great Leap Forward
- Rob's CBC column on Neanderthals as a Separate Species
- Rob's CBC column on The Electromagnetic Nature of Consciousness
- Attention students: Looking for critical discussions of
Hominids? See the article by Warren G. Rochelle
in SFRA Review, a publication of the
Science Fiction Research Association, issue #258 (May-June 2002);
full text is available as a PDF document (see page 17).
Hominids is also discussed in
The Gospel According to Science Fiction
by Gabriel McKee (Westminster John Knox Press, 2007), and in the
essay "The Science and Religion Dialogue in the Science Fiction
of Robert J. Sawyer" by Valerie Broege in
The Everyday Fantastic: Essays on Science Fiction and Human Being,
Michael Berman, editor (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008).
See also this in-depth discussion of the whole
Neanderthal Parallax trilogy: "Double Vision: Robert Sawyer's
Utopian Dystopia" by Richard Parent in
The New York Review of Science Fiction, June 2004,
- More information about Humans,
including links to a sneak peek at the second volume in the trilogy
(don't read this until after you've read Hominids!).
- More information about Hybrids,
including links to a sneak peek at the third volume in the trilogy
(don't read this until after you've read Humans!).
Buy the Hominids PAPERBACK from your Favorite Local Bookseller, or
Or buy an Autographed Copy directly from Rob!
No Bookseller Left Behind! If your store routinely stocks
new copies of Hominids, and offers a mail-order
service, send an email to Rob
with the URL of your catalog page for Hominids, and he'll
add a link to it right here.
And if you'd like a supply of free autographed Hominids
bookplates for your customers, just let Rob know how many you need and
where to send them.
More Good Reading
Other novels by Robert J. Sawyer